Good Reads

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Should I Have surgery, or Shouldn't I?

Ok, so it has been over five years since I was diagnosed with brain sagging and my Chiari.  I have been putting getting it corrected for so long, but now, I no longer feel that that is an option.  I am at the point where I feel like I "have" to get it done.  I just hope that I didn't wait too long.

This fall, I plan on making a trip to New York to the Chiari Institute to see if anyone there can help me.  I know there have been changes over the years; I see them, I feel them.  My balance, as I've mentioned before, has really gotten bad.  I have seen a difference in my vision, my dizziness and more.  And the "more", is annoying.

I know I have to do this, or there may be no chance at all of them fixing these or helping these issues.  I was told a long time ago, that the longer I wait, the less chance there is in making things better....making a difference for me.  I don't remember what that window of opportunity was, but I hope I haven't missed it.

I am going to start being better about posting on my blog.  Especially as I start back to seeing doctors for these issues.  With my very bitter divorce last year, I really didn't go to the doctor.  I was already so burnt out on the whole "doctor, MRI and everything that goes with it" scene, that adding a divorce to my life just seemed like too much.  So I avoided going.  I was simply unable to muster the energy to take care of things with "me" like I used to.

I am keeping my fingers crossed that they can help me.  I am also keeping my fingers crossed that if I go through surgery - this major surgery, that it will make a world of difference for me and it will not have been in vain.

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment